That bit of planning I did last week was just enough to confirm that this approach to the quilt might just work. I got over my fear of wasting fabric or ruining good fabric or whatever the gremlins were worried about.
Today, I decided to start by framing the 2 flower panels. (click the thumbnails for larger)
The poppy I framed in some dark purple. This is not a solid but a textured print. The band is 3″ finished.
The Sunflower I decided to use a narrow pale yellow print (not in the stack shown in the last post but I remembered I had a half-yard in stash) before putting the burnt orange (which has purple bits) on the outside. The combined width of the yellow and orange will be 3″ finished.
Not sure what the next step is but these are hanging on the wall where I see them regularly which I hope will spark ideas.